Last Updated on June 22, 2023 by Lydia Martin
Indulge in a sensory adventure as I take you on a captivating journey through my 21 Seeds Tequila review. Prepare to be amazed by the fusion of tradition and innovation found within every bottle.
21 Seeds Tequila sets a new standard for tequila enthusiasts, from its vibrant flavors to impeccable craftsmanship. Join me as we uncover the secrets behind this remarkable spirit and discover why it’s the talk of the town.
What is 21 Seeds Tequila?
21 Seeds Tequila is a premium tequila brand that offers a refreshing and sophisticated twist to traditional tequilas. It is known for its smooth and balanced flavors that appeal to both tequila connoisseurs and newcomers alike. With a focus on using real fruits, herbs, and spices, 21 Seeds Tequila offers a range of flavors that add depth and complexity to the spirit .
What is the history and background of 21 Seeds Tequila?
The story of 21 Seeds Tequila begins with a group of friends who share a passion for tequila and a desire to create something unique. They experimented with infusing tequila with natural ingredients to add subtle flavors and aromas. The result was 21 Seeds Tequila, a brand that celebrates the fusion of traditional tequila craftsmanship with innovative flavors.
Where is 21 Seeds Tequila produced?
21 Seeds Tequila is produced in Mexico, specifically in the Jalisco region. This region is renowned for its ideal climate and soil conditions for growing agave, the plant from which tequila is manufactured.
What types of agave are used in the production?
21 Seeds Tequila is made from 100% blue agave, which is the only type of agave that can legally be used to produce tequila. Blue agave is known for its rich and complex flavors, contributing to the exceptional taste profile of 21 Seeds Tequila.
How is 21 Seeds Tequila distilled?
The production process of 21 Seeds Tequila involves two rounds of distillation. This double distillation method ensures the removal of impurities and allows for the preservation of the authentic flavors and aromas of the agave. The careful distillation process contributes to the smoothness and balance of the final product.
Taste and Flavor Profile
What are the primary flavor notes of 21 Seeds Tequila?
21 Seeds Tequila is characterized by its harmonious blend of flavors. The primary flavor notes include the earthy and vegetal tones of the blue agave, complemented by the natural sweetness and subtle tartness of the infused fruits, herbs, and spices. The resulting taste profile is a delightful balance of agave and fruit-forward flavors.
Varieties and Blends
What are the different varieties or expressions?
21 Seeds Tequila offers a range of varieties, each with its distinct flavor profile.
- Blanco: The Blanco tequila variety is an unaged tequila that is bottled shortly after distillation. It showcases the pure flavors of the blue agave with crisp and earthy notes. It provides a vibrant and authentic tequila experience.
- Reposado: The Reposado variety of 21 Seeds Tequila undergoes a period of aging in oak barrels, typically around 6 to 12 months. This aging process imparts additional complexity and smoothness to the tequila. It introduces subtle hints of vanilla, caramel, and oak while still maintaining the agave’s character.
- Añejo: The Añejo variety is aged for an extended period, usually between 1 to 3 years, in oak barrels. This longer aging period allows average tequila to develop rich and deep flavors. Añejo tequilas are known for their complex profiles, with notes of chocolate, tobacco, dried fruits, and a velvety smooth texture.
- Infused Varieties : In addition to the traditional Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo, 21 Seeds Tequila offers a range of infused tequila and flavored tequila varieties.
- The “Cucumber Jalapeño” variety integrates the cooling freshness of cucumber with the spicy kick of jalapeño.
- The “Grapefruit Hibiscus” variety, generated in partnership with Casa Maestri, offers a zesty and vaguely floral experience, while flavors like “Valencia Orange” and “Tangerine” deliver citrusy and fruity notes.
What are some in demand cocktails that can be made using 21 Seeds Tequila?
21 Seeds Tequila serves as an excellent base for a wide range of cocktails, including spicy tequila cocktails.
Some popular alternative include the classic Margarita, where the vibrant flavors of 21 Seeds Tequila complement the tangy lime and the sweetness of agave syrup.
Another refreshing option is the Paloma, where the grapefruit tasting notes of 21 Seeds Tequila enhance the citrusy profile of the drink.
What is the price range for its varieties in different markets or locations?
While specific prices may vary depending on the market, location, and any additional factors such as taxes and import duties, here is a general overview of the price range for:
- 21 Seeds Tequila Blanco (Unaged): The price range for the unaged Blanco variety of 21 Seeds Tequila typically falls between $35 and $45 per 750ml bottle.
- 21 Seeds Tequila Reposado (Aged): The Reposado variety, which is aged in oak barrels for a specific period, usually falls within the price range of $45 to $60 per 750ml bottle.
- 21 Seeds Tequila Añejo (Aged): The Añejo variety, aged for a longer period compared to Reposado, tends to be priced between $60 and $80 per 750ml bottle.
- 21 Seeds Tequila Infused Varieties: The infused varieties of 21 Seeds Tequila, such as “Cucumber Jalapeño,” “Grapefruit Hibiscus,” “Valencia Orange,” and “Tangerine,” are typically priced between $40 and $50 per 750ml bottle.
Is 21 seeds tequila sweet?
The sweetness of 21 Seeds Tequila varies depending on the variety. Infused tequilas or flavored tequilas may have a slightly sweeter taste due to the natural flavors of fruit, while unaged Blanco is more agave-forward with minimal sweetness. The sweetness is well-balanced.
Is 21 Seeds Tequila 100% Agave?
Yes, it is made from 100% blue agave, the only agave allowed by law to produce tequila. It ensures high quality and meets regulatory standards.
What percentage of alcohol is 21 seeds tequila?
21 Seeds Tequila typically has a 40% alcohol content (ABV). It is the standard percentage for tequila, but it may vary slightly between batches. Always remember to drink responsibly!
How much sugar is in 21 seeds tequila?
It does not have added sugars. It is made solely from agave sugars. While there may be trace amounts of natural sugars from agave, they don’t significantly affect the overall sugar content.