Last Updated on August 22, 2023 by Lydia Martin
The Cane River Brewing Co. is a microbrewery that serves tasteful craft beers for enthusiasts looking to experience something new.
It is located in a quaint riverside corner of Natchitoches, one of the oldest settlements in the state of Louisiana.
Let’s dive deeper and see everything this place has to offer.
About Cane River Brewing Co
The company regards Cane River Brewing Co. as an intimate space to brew beer and bring people closer together.
Not only is the Louisiana location defined by its special blend of culture and tradition, but it’s also a great place to rediscover old passions that might have fallen to the wayside. 
A visit to the Cane River Brewing Co. might feel like time stopped for an afternoon, as the community believes in slowing down and enjoying the simple things in life, including good beers, great company, and interesting stories.
A Closer Look
Cane River Brewing Co. is located in what used to be a cotton gin building that is nearly a century old.
This representation tells you everything you need to know about the brand: that they are deeply rooted in history yet constantly innovating and evolving to keep things interesting.
108 Mill St, Natchitoches, LA 71457-3104
Tap Room Hours
- Tuesday: 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday: 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Thursday: 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Friday: 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Saturday: 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Sunday (Brunch): 10:30 am – 8:00 pm
Cane River Brewing hosts events during important holidays, such as Christmas Trivia Night, Christmas Fest, and Christmas Eve Beer and Hymns during the Christmas season, Red, White, and Brews during the Fourth of July, and Mother’s Day Seafood Brunch during Mother’s Day.
Cane River Brewing Co. carries fresh seafood, burgers, and fixings, but their craft beers have to be the absolute standout. They pride themselves on having an expansive selection of artisan beers, and every single one is gorgeous to boot.
The last time we visited, they had 32 craft beers to choose from, all in varying flavors, mouthfeels, and finishes.
Cane River Brewing Beer Selection
- Cane River Pilsner – Like most other pilsners, this one is light and floral, with a light finish. We find this very versatile and could suit the palates of various people.
- Cane River Brown Ale – This is for those with a sweeter palate. It’s sweet and malty yet remains fairly mild, with a woodsy, earthy aroma.
- Peach Ale – This is CRB’s best-seller: a gorgeous lager infused with locally-sourced peaches in the area. This is tangy and refreshing, with the signature malt tones their craft beers are famous for.
- Cane River Porter – This is for those who fancy a beer with darker and fuller tones. This is their dark, smooth ale, infused with the nuanced flavors of black coffee and bittersweet chocolate.
- Cane River Brewing Burnt Peach – This is the harmonious marriage between brown ale and peach ale black and tan for a true one-of-a-kind drinking experience you won’t forget.
What is Cane River Brewing Co known for?
Cane River Brewing Co. is known for its craft and artisan beers brewed directly at the facility. The location is also known for being chill and low-key, so people looking to unwind from the busy city life will liken the place to a breath of fresh air.
They also encourage you to bring your friends, because good beer and great friends are one of the world’s best combinations.
What happened to Cane River Brewing Co?
Cane River Brewing Co. decided to close its doors in 2022, with Flying Heart Brewing and Pub taking over.
This company has two other locations in North Louisiana (Bossier City and West Monroe) and decided to add Natchitoches to their list to add a historic vibe.
The business will also be revamped into a pizza pub, where they’ll be serving handmade pizza, and brewing and serving beers.
It’s unfortunate that Cane River Brewing Co. decided to close its doors to the public too soon, as we have plenty of fond memories of the area.
We loved driving out of town to experience their artisan draft beers, but what we liked best was the relaxed, small-town feel.
Although CRB won’t be serving any more of their craft beers, we’re excited to see what Flying Heart Brewing and Pub has in store for us, and we’re confident they’ll do the same amazing job.